taler-exchange-benchmark - measure exchange performance
[-c CONFIG_FILENAME | –config=CONFIG_FILENAME]
[-F | –reserves-first]
[-f | –fakebank]
[-h | –help]
[-K | –linger]
[-L LOGLEVEL | –log-level=LOGLEVEL]
[-l FILENAME | –logfile=FILENAME]
[-m MODE | –mode=MODE]
[-n HOWMANY_COINS | –coins-number=HOWMANY_COINS]
[-p NPROCS | –parallelism=NPROCS]
[-R RATE | –refresh-rate=RATE]
[-r N | –reserves=N]
[-v | –version]
taler-exchange-benchmark is a command-line tool to measure the time
spent to serve withdrawals/deposits/refreshes. It usually needs a
dedicate configuration file where all the services - the exchange and
the (fake)bank - listen to URLs not subject to any reverse proxy, as say
Nginx. Moreover, the benchmark runs on a “volatile” database, that means
that table are always erased during a single benchmark run.
- -c CONFIG_FILENAME | –config=CONFIG_FILENAME
- (Mandatory) Use CONFIG_FILENAME.
- -F | –reserves-first
- Create all reserves first, before starting normal operations.
- -f | –fakebank
- Launch a fakebank instead of the Python bank. Only meaningful if the
mode is to launch more than just a client. Note that using the
fakebank will cause the benchmark application to reset all databases
as the fakebank is stateless and thus previous database state would
inherently cause trouble.
- -h | –help
- Prints a compiled-in help text.
- -K | –linger
- Linger around until keypress after the benchmark is done.
- -L LOGLEVEL | –log-level=LOGLEVEL
- Specifies the log level to use. Accepted values are:
- -l FILENAME | –logfile=FILENAME
- Send logging output to FILENAME.
- -m MODE | –mode=MODE
- Mode of operation. Accepted values are:
- -n HOWMANY_COINS | –coins-number=HOWMANY_COINS
- Defaults to 1. Specifies how many coins this benchmark should
withdraw and spend. After being spent, each coin will be refreshed
with a probability RATE (see option
- -p NPROCS | –parallelism=NPROCS
- Run with NPROCS client processes.
- -R RATE | –refresh-rate=RATE
- Defaults to 10. Probability of refresh per coin (0-100).
- -r N | –reserves=N
- Create N reserves per client.
- -v | –version
- Print version information.
16.17.4. See Also
taler-exchange-dbinit(1), taler-exchange-offline(1), taler-merchant-benchmark(1),